so much for more frequent posts for the new year...
Work has started to slow down a little after a crazy holiday work month, so a little more time for blogging and such.
Idle time is also not the friend of the wallet. I purchased a new LCD TV online last week as I upgrade into the modern era. I am in the process of attempting to transition the house to 100% internet media. No more satellite TV bills, all through the internet. Also switching the phones over to the internet also. We have been happy with the internet phone so far and the caller ID has been a blast. Also has a nice feature that when it doesn't work (in our case kids unplugged it) it will forward to a phone number of your choosing (like a cell phone)
The weather has returned to Portland Normal. 30s, 40s some fog, some rain. We had 1 more typical Oregon snow this last week. An inch or two that was mostly gone by the end of the day. It also came on a weekend so I was able to show kids how to make a snowman. Jack is also deadly accurate with a snowball unlike his sister who needs her target to be the broadside of a barn...
snow fun
As I was looking through photos also spotted some other gems of our 2 kids..
Last night we farmed the kids out to family and hosted a 40th birthday party for our friend Stacey. Prior to the part at our house they had a go karting get together. We arrived a little late due to dropping off the kids, but still made into the last 2 races. You would think by my times that I was the old man (40) ...
After that the whole crew and more came to our house for the party. We had a keg of only available at the brewery unless you know the brewer beer (Superdog from Lucky Lab pub) , lots of wine, food,... There was some early socializing and the evening became a rock concert courtesy of the rock band set and playstation one of Stacey's friends brought over. First time for Sarah and I but it was very fun. We found our that singing was our gift , drums and guitars are a bit more challenging... Stacey's wife was a gracious cohost and with Stacey's sisters help that cleaned up and made our post recovery minimal considering how many folk were over.
We have enjoyed a morning without kids, though it is wierd without them around (too quiet...) We meet up with kids at a Superbowl party at Sarah's sisters house, then it is back the work week.
Happy Groundhog day, lets do it all over
Rob
Sunday, February 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I want to hear how the internet only TV works out! Sounds most intriguing... I also like the swapping out pics - another nifty feature. Pete has been commenting on yr new TV - how big did you go? We have to replace the head gasket or something horribly expensive on the SUbaru so that may put off our purchasing. :-(
Post a Comment